onsdag 19. februar 2014

Crime and Punishment [Re-make]


Well hello again.
This time i am going to talk about (And show you) my re-make of a previous animation project called Crime and Punishment.
The previous version of this project can be found written in Norwegian further back in my log with the title Tsumi no Batsu, which is the Japanese title of this project (And the song used).

So, the idea of doing a remake of this project had been floating around in my brain for quite a while, when suddenly, i got an opportunity to make my wish reality.
In our media classes we got a music video assignment.
We could basically use any method we found appealing to make a music video, our teachers would focus on the story the video told, timing while editing and basically what we could do with this project.
We had a tight deadline that was originally set a week after project start, but halfway through our teachers realized that if they wanted decent products from us, we needed a little more time, so they gave us another week.
Seems simple enough right?
While the extreme majority of our class chose to use the traditional medium for music videos, a camera, i chose to use animation, or half animation as i would call it.
My video has little to no fluent animation, just bits and pieces that show movement, but it was crucial for the progress of my project if i wished to complete it and i would say that it still carry's a message despite the lack of movement.


So, two weeks of intense working, a lot of swearing and little sleep, i completed my project.
I was surprised myself as i had originally set myself for the limit of working until i hit the 01.55 minute mark, but stubborn as i was, i kept on going until i completed the whole thing.

Well, i seem to have written a lot now, so i can show you a few screen caps from my file folder from the project.
This will contain of my favorite outlines and some of the animation frames that came to be my favorites











These are direct screen shots taken during production, meaning that they are captured straight of the drawing program i used.

Now for some of the colored files that were used in the finished animation.









Needles to say as you see some of the images, this animation will contain some blood, self harm and, well, things that aren't usually seen in everyday life i guess.

And before i go to the video itself, i would just like to say the same as i said to my class as i presented the video to them.
This is a rather personal project that means a lot to me. Enjoy the video.


The project was fun, even tough those whose ears were victim to my swearing would think otherwise.

Thank you and see you next time.

1 kommentar:

  1. En sterk historie med sterke virkemidler. Scenene dine er enkle med fine utsnitt. Dette gjør at budskapet formidles direkte og på en sterk måte.
    Fortsatt interessant med speepainten. Kan du her si litt om verktøy, virkemidler, om du lærer noe nytt og hva som evt. har vært utfordring. Veldig bra arbeid, Liv.

    SvarSlett